Tuesday, November 7, 2017

School Photos Collage - Through the Years Scrapbook Page

I recently started working on my kids school year albums again, and decided that I wanted to do a 2-page layout of their school photos. I've often seen those picture frames where you can add each year's photo into a collage, and so I wanted to do a scrapbook version of that.

School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout


The first step was gathering up all of the photos of the same size from each year, this proved to be the most time consuming part of the process. I had some of the photos in the right size, but searched through 4 photo boxes to find a straggler here and there. With 2 still missing, I asked my husband if he still had any old school photos of the kids at work, and he did! The last 2 were found.

School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout


From here I laid them out in various arrangements to see how the years would best be grouped or sequenced. I knew I wanted to add a large graduation photo as well, so I made that the highlight of the second page and arranged the small photos around it, with the 4 high school year photos above the graduation photo.  

School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout


This layout was really quite simple - I chose a subtle pattern paper for the background of the collage page, and mounted each school photo on grey cardstock. I needed one filler square in which I added a journaling card with a nice quote on it.  



The Graduation embellishments came mostly from the Echo Park Grad kit, and one other graduation sticker sheer I had on hand. To add each grade, I printed out the numbers in a font that I liked, and punched them out with a 1/2" circle punch. And that was it! Here is the final layout.

School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout

I'm happy to have this done, and I had the pleasure of making 2 of these, one for each of my boys albums. Now, all I have to do each year is add the photo. So easy.

After finished up these layouts, I came up with another school year layout which I am really excited to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment