Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Zion National Park Scrapbook Cover Page

Last August our family took our annual National Parks vacation and this year we headed out to Utah. There are 5 national parks in Utah, as well as many other National Monuments, but the seeing "Mighty 5" was our goal: Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, and Zion. Zion has been on our short list for a while now, and it did not disappoint. It was simply gorgeous.



I had a little bit of a hard time choosing a paper collection for these photos. I had previously purchased the We R Memory Keepers High Five collection, but wasn't sure about using it on these photos. The main colors are black, white, green, and yellow, and I wasn't sure that it would work the best with these photos - the rocks of Zion have so much deep red and brown in them, and I thought maybe I should use papers that highlight that?

But I loved the collection and I thought it had a bit of a southwestern vibe mixed with a bit of nature and that it could work. I was able to coordinate a bunch of other nature and outdoors themed papers with it so that I could mix and match, and have enough to do the full album.


For this cover page, I kept things fairly simple: a big bold heading, one large scenery photo, and one photo with a little more detail. And with a tag, some washi tape and a few embellishments, the page was complete.


This was my first time using washi tape and I have to say...I love it! I used it as a border to frame out the 5x7 photo, and used it again to frame out the title.


This was a fun layout to make and came together in less than 30 minutes. I think my favorite piece is the heading with the big block letters. 

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. May I ask where you got that white scrapbook paper with the little black pine trees that you used as a background? Could you please send me a link?

    My email is: v_armendariz@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete