Wednesday, November 8, 2017

First Day of School - Last Day of School Scrapbook Page

After completing the School Year Photos layout, I had fun idea for another collage type layout for my kids school years - a page for all of the first day of school photos. What began as an idea for just the first day of school photos turned into a First Day of School - Last Day of School 2-page layout, highlighting the first day of Kindergarten, and what will be the last day of High School.


First Day of School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout

Again I had to go back and collect all of the first day of school photos. Thank goodness for digital technology and computers - they were all basically at my fingertips - just a few clicks away!

First Day of School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout

After gathering the photos, I tried many variations of the layout before deciding on this one. My original idea was to have one long strip through the center of both pages with all of the school years, but I realized that 6 thin photos was the most I'd be able to squeeze in a 12x12, and I couldn't get the Kindergarten picture in. I considered just doing grades 1-12, but really wanted to keep the Kindergarten photo in. So I moved it to the top and realized I could balance it out on the other side with what will be a Last Day of High School photo. With that, the layout was set.

First Day of School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout

To accent the photos, I added a border across the top of both pages - different borders but from the same paper collection and same color scheme. I created the labels with a black piece of cardstock and various colors of chipboard letters. I really wanted the words "Kindergarten" and "Highschool" to stand out, so I used a larger chipboard for them, and placed them running over the photo (the H is not yet attached, I'll need to put the photo under in first.) To label the yearly photos, I added transparent gel numbers to each photo - they are noticeable but yet subtle enough to not distract from the photo.

First Day of School Year Photo Collage Scrapbook Page Layout

It was so fun making this layout, even though it is a work in progress and not yet complete. Each year I'll just add one photo and 5 years from now it will be complete!

Thanks for looking and I hope you are inspired to make a few school year pages for your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment