Monday, November 6, 2017

Creating Your Own Journaling Cards and Embellishments

If you've taken a look at any of my pages, you probably know that I tend to love journaling cards. Not always so much the journaling, but just the cards! I love cards with just graphics on them and especially love cards that give you enough room to write just a little bit, but not a whole novel.

I recently tried my hand at making some of my own journaling cards, and was quite happy with how they turned out. I've been cleaning out my scrap paper lately and thought this might be a good way to use up some bits and pieces of various papers instead of just tossing them away.


The first set I decided to try was for a fishing themed set. I had an old set of fishing stickers, and matched together 4 different coordinating papers, 2 colors of cardstock, and went to work. I was able to create 5 3x4 journaling cards and 4 2x2 cards. In addition to the stickers, I stamped 3 designs and added them to the cards. I thought these turned out really nice, a little bit of a vintage look but able to coordinate with just about any lake or fishing papers.
 
 
For the next set, I tried using up a myriad of different leftover camping stickers, scrap paper and journal cards. I have a lot of miscellaneous camping paper scraps, sticker sheets with just a few stickers left on them, and leftover cards from other sets. Since they don't really coordinate with anything on their own, I coordinated them together.
 
 
Using all of these supplies and a few stamps, I was able to create a large, colorful set of cards and embellishments.  Plus it felt really good to put those old supplies to use and not just toss them in the garbage!
 
 
The last set I made are not so much journaling cards, but accents for any zoo, safari, hunting, or even hiking pages. By using a scrap of paper with tracks on it and cutting them apart, I mounted each of them on a coordinating background paper and then onto cardstock. I love these little prints, they will make cute accents to any number of pages.

I definitely learned not to let my scraps go to waste - I have always saved them but now I have something to do with them! 

Have you ever made your owen embellishments from scraps? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment