Monday, April 25, 2016

Baseball Birthday Layout

This weekend my photo order arrived and I was able to start back on a little scrapbooking! One of the sets of photos that came were from my son's birthday last month, so I started working on those.

I've noticed that scrapbooking birthday layouts for my boys has gotten a little trickier as they've gotten older. Finding good, age appropriate birthday papers and embellishments can be tough, and most of what I do find in the the stores I've already used or seems to be geared toward younger kids.

So this year I took a different approach and instead of using just any birthday themed supplies that I could find, I decided to focus the attention of the page to the birthday cake. My son chose a baseball themed cake, so I created a baseball themed birthday page to go along with it.


Boy Birthday baseball scrapbook page

Boy Birthday baseball scrapbook page

Boy Birthday baseball scrapbook page

I tried to focus on color scheme and a few patterned papers to accent the colors in the cake. I chose the green-on-green plaid paper because I thought it looked a little like the pattern in the grass of a baseball diamond. The red and grey chevron paper accented the baseball, and I had a sheet of baseball stitching that I cut a few strips from for the top banner.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out even though it's not necessarily a typical birthday themed page. It's good to try something new and create something with a different look than all of the other birthday pages I've done of the years!

Boy Birthday baseball scrapbook page


No comments:

Post a Comment