Wednesday, September 21, 2016

South Dakota Album Cover Page

Sometimes one good idea leads to another. And then another. And pretty soon you have so many ideas that you don't know what to do with them all.

After working on the cover pages from our DC trip last week, I had several more ideas for new designs for cover pages, so I jumped in and started working on our South Dakota trip. I've really been trying to think of different ways to make cover pages for these travel albums, so for this one I wanted to create a "table of contents" in a sense, because there will be a lot of different places covered in this album.


South Dakota scrapbook page map cover album road trip

I had picked up a South Dakota postcard while we were out there that I knew I wanted to use, and I had already chosen the paper and embellishments that I was going to use for this album. I really loved the We R Memory Keepers Shine collection and had already purchased it several months ago to use for this trip. Even though I didn't know what my photos would look like, I thought the Shine collection had the right feel...kind of natural/rustic/western without being totally in-your-face about it.


South Dakota scrapbook page map cover album road trip

I again had to find a map online that I liked, and with the map chosen, the postcard, and the idea for the table on contents (destinations list) I was set to go.

This layout took me a little longer than I expected, partially because I needed to go through all of my folders of photos on my computer and make sure I didn't miss anything that I would later want added to the table of contents. Once I wrote out that list, there was no changing it. With the table of contents was set, I knew what layouts would be following the cover page and in what order, and I could put it all together. 

For the actual table of contents, I used 3 journaling cards stacked on top of each other. These cards had open slots to write in so they worked perfectly, but you could create the same effect with plain colored cardstock tags applied on a patterned paper. I also thought it would be fun to add the locations to the map with a numbering system for a visual of where we went.

And here is the final layout:


South Dakota scrapbook page map cover road trip




No comments:

Post a Comment