Thursday, January 19, 2017

Christmas Card Scrapbook Page

Sometimes the simplest layout can be the one you like the most. 

Several years ago when I started making photo cards for Christmas, I started scrapbooking them as well. I usually use this single page as the back cover page for that years album. They are usually really simple layouts - just the card and some accent paper, maybe a couple of stickers. This years Christmas Card page was no different.


Christmas Card Scrapbook page Layout Winter DCWV

I found this beautiful piece of paper that was left over from the paper stack I used for Christmas photos two years ago. It's from a DCWV stack called Winter in the Woods. I didn't use it before because all of my Christmas layouts had more than one photo on them. But I thought this paper was so pretty, so when I started looking for paper to use for the card page, it jumped right out at me as completely perfect for this layout.


Christmas Card Scrapbook page Layout Winter DCWV

Once I had the card and the sheet of paper, it just needed a few accents. I highlighted the photo by matting it on grey and brown to compliment the colors in the wreath pattern, and added in a few green accents as well. I also added double layer triangle shapes on each of the corners to mimic old-fashioned photo corners. Even with those additions, it needed something else. Maybe a little bit of bling.



I don't usually use a lot of sparkly or blingy material, but I happened to have some clear crystal snowflakes and added one to each corner and one to the center tag. It was just enough to give it some sparkle and detail.

Here is the final Christmas card layout:



Do you scrapbook your Christmas Cards?

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment