Monday, January 2, 2017

Custer State Park Album Cover Page

It's not too often that I "scraplift" another persons scrapbook layout or design and use it for my own. But when I came across a layout on Pinterest, I knew I needed to use it for a cover page for one of my books and decided to use it for our Custer State Park trip in South Dakota. Since the original layout was 2 pages, I modified it down to one and adapted it to fit my photos and timeline. What I ended up with is probably one of my favorite pages that I've ever made.

Custer State Park Scrapbook page layout

This page was really so simple to make and took very little in terms of supplies or paper. I typed up and printed out a small itinerary of our 3 days in Custer, and highlighted each day with one photo from that day. I chose 2 patterned papers and ran one piece across the top, and a narrow piece along the bottom.



I created the header banner with some cardstock and stickers, and a couple of tags that I had from the park that came off some clothing we purchased (I could have just printed out logos if I wouldn't have had these.) To add some details, I double-mounted each of the papers in the header, and added a couple of arrows from some punches that I have. The metal location brads and compass were added above each of the days of the itinerary, and add some nice texture, color, and interest to the page.



Our trip to Custer State Park was one of the best things we did in South Dakota, and I'm thrilled with how this cover page turned out. The papers are from the We R Memory Keepers Shine collection, which I used for all of our South Dakota albums.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment