Thursday, January 21, 2016

Scrapbooking Without Photos

Most people think that scrapbooking is all about the photos.  While this is mostly true, there are many ways to make great scrapbook pages with very few photos, or no photos at all!  I love to add other art and graphics to scrapbooks - it helps break up page after page of photos, and can be used to fill space if you don't have quite enough photos to do a 2-page layout but want to.

My favorite items to use for these types of pages are program or booklet covers, certificates, any art, brochures, maps and drawings.

In my son's school album I added one of his drawings from preschool.

In a vacation album, I added a drawing that my son made after we got home from the vacation.

My son's school participated in a reading program, these were a few of the things he brought home from school.

A sheet of patterned paper and a booklet cover is all you need!

You can also use an itinerary for a non-photo page.

Here is a certificate my son earned from school.

While this page does have a few small photos on it, the program cover could be used alone on a page.

So if you are short on photos or have items you want to use but no photos to go along with them - scrap them anyway!  Scrapbooks don't have to be just pictures - you can make an entire album of just your kid's art, or programs from shows or sporting events you've been to.  Pull out those old certificates from the box in the basement and put them in a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment