Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Adding Some Finishing Touches


Last 2 Yellowstone layouts
Yesterday I finished up the Yellowstone layouts and got all of the photos on their pages. I had finished up 10 2-page layouts over the weekend, and had 7 more to go. I started working on them in the morning, and got down to the last 2 layouts before noon. It was exciting to finish but also a little sad. I started working on these books right after Christmas, so it's been about 2 months of near constant work, planning, or thinking about these books. I finished up the last 2 layouts, took a few moments to feel quite accomplished, and cleaned up for the day.


Leftover supplies that I can add to the books
Today is the day to go back and start adding the finishing touches. It usually takes me more than one day to do this, so today is like the first pass. I spread all of the remaining supplies for the project on the table and start going through each of the layouts.

Many of the layouts I had already added embellishments and journaling cards to along the way, but some I didn't. Now is the time I go back and start adding details to pages that need it - pages that look a little empty or need a little something, and pages that I want to add journaling to. I was surprised at how many journaling cards I had added to pages that I needed to go back and write something on now - I think I did about 12 cards this morning! Journaling is really starting to grow on me. I also added some brads, borders, and some nice Yellowstone clip art pieces that I found online and printed. Most of the pages didn't need a lot, just some little touches. It can also be hard to not add to much - just because I have the extra supplies doesn't mean I have to use every single piece. So I just add a little at a time until I think it looks balanced.
Added the journaling and the location-marker brad at the top of the photo, and the little arrow

Added the bison graphic that I found online and printed

Added the arrowhead graphic, a little journaling, and the location marker brad

There are a few more pieces of clip art that I want to print out, but I ran out of color ink this morning so it'll be a day or two before I get those done. For now, I'll set the books aside for a few days and take a break, then go back through them one more time before officially calling them complete! 

Coincidentally, I ended up with the exact same number of pages in these 2 books as I did the Glacier National Park books - 73 2-page layouts, 146 total pages. I had printed out about the same number of photos but had no idea that I'd end up with the same number of layouts! I hope to be done in a few days, and then I'll photo the albums and upload them into the online gallery.

Up next...The Road Trip Album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment