Friday, February 26, 2016

Road Trip Series #2: Theodore Roosevelt National Park

The second stop on our road trip was Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. We left Jamestown and had a few hour drive to get there. We had been on the road for about 13 hours when we arrived and were ready for another break from the highway, so we spent about 2 hours in the park. We hit the visitor center first and then did a scenic drive through the park to view wildlife.


(click on the layouts for a larger view)



We saw tons of bison and prairie dogs here, and it was our first experience with bison on the road. It is a beautiful park with really unique landscapes. 

For the layouts, I kept them fairly simple with earth-toned paper and and a few travel-themed embellishments. I just wanted it to have an earthy and natural feel.

I forgot to pick up a park map when we were there (gasp!) so I didn't include it in the layout. I know...I missed one of my own self-proclaimed critical elements for scrapbooking! Chalk it up to very little sleep, being awake since 3am, 13 hours in a very enclosed vehicle, and this being our first national park - we had to buy passport books, get stamps, get a junior ranger book, get patches, and figure out what to see and how to get there. So I missed the map, it happens. I think I must have had one in the park, but it never made it home. Even without it, I'm still happy with the layouts.

Next road trip stop - ghost towns! 
Well, it was actually Glacier, but we're skipping that since that is not in this album...you can see those layouts in the Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment