Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Setting Scrapbooking Goals

I was reading on a scrapbooking forum recently and saw a posting about Scrapbooking Goals for 2016. I've never really set goals for myself for scrapbooking, but was interested in what others did, so I read through the posting. 

Some people set their goals based on the number of pages they wanted to get done, or getting through a backlog of old photos they needed to scrap. Others wanted to finish up trip albums, baby albums, or their photos from last year. A lot of people participated in different swaps and crops, and had goals to participate more in those.

After reading other scrappers goals, I was interested in maybe setting a couple of goals for myself. In my mind I always have goals for my scrapbooking and what I want to get done, but maybe putting it on paper was a good idea. Maybe it would help me work on a few things that I've let sit way too long. The first few goals were easy, then I had to start thinking a little bit:



The first 5 goals are what I'm currently working on and would normally do anyway. Then I tried to think of a few things that I've always wanted to go back and work on - mainly add some journaling to old albums. I tend to leave space in my albums to go back and journal, but I don't always do it or think to go do it...sometime I think I just avoid it. But I've been doing a lot more journaling lately so I feel more comfortable with the whole process and feel ready to add some journaling to those old albums. Lastly, I need to start planning what I'm going to do for our next trip and start thinking about supplies and albums. 



I put my goal list on a bulletin board on my desk where I can see and reference it when needed. Hopefully throughout the year I'll be able to check things off as I complete them!

Do you set scrapbooking goals?  What types and how many? Have you met your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment