Sunday, February 28, 2016

Road Trip Series #4: Devils Tower National Monument

After leaving Yellowstone, we stopped at Devils Tower National Monument in Wyoming. It was a long drive through the curvy mountain roads of Shoshone National Forest and Big Horn National Forest, and it was only our first stop for that day. But it was worth it! Devils Tower was was one of those monuments that you expect to be pretty cool, but turns out to be way more impressive than you thought it would be.

(click on the layout to view a larger image)
  

We only spent about 2 hours there, which was enough time to walk the trail around the base of the tower, and to complete my son's Junior Ranger booklet and earn his badge. 

I didn't take a lot of photos when we were there, so I only created 2 layouts for this park. While we were there, I picked up a map and brochure for the scrapbook, and my son collected the passport stamps and his badge and patch. After we got home I took photos of these so I could add them to this page. I wanted to keep the papers simple and had one piece of striped paper that had these rough lines running down it that matched perfectly, and added the brown paper with small dots and that was all it needed.

The next (and last) stop is...Mount Rushmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment