Wednesday, March 30, 2016

School Band Concert Layouts

Today I pulled out my son's school album to see what photos I needed to scrap in there. When I get the photos back from printing, I usually toss them into a page protector in the album and they stay in there until I decide to work on the book. I had worked on the albums about a month or so ago, and didn't really remember where I left off. So when I grabbed it, I was happy to see that there were just 2 groups of band photos to catch up on - a nice little project for this rainy day.

I had purchased a few sheets of band themed paper and some stickers a while back, so I knew I had some supplies to get me started. I grouped the photos by which concert they were from, and decided to do one layout for each.

The first layout I had the program from the concert, so that took up a bit of space. But I had fewer photos for this layout, so it balanced out okay. I used the cover of the program on the first page, then cut the song list and section of the program that had my son's name out to place on the layout as well.


School Band Concert Scrapbook Page Program Music

The second layout I had several photos for but no program - there wasn't one for this event. I decided to do a heading banner with the concert name and then placed the photos out symmetrically on the pages, trimming down 2 photos where I needed to.


School Band Concert Scrapbook Page Program Music


For both layouts I used some band themed stickers and some musical brads that I had found at a local craft store. The musical paper added some nice patterns and I added in one sheet of blue argyle paper just to accent the blue color I was using for the background paper.

Although the layouts are from 2 separate events, I wanted to use the same color scheme on both - so I tried to limit my papers and stickers to black, white, blue and yellow, to give them a nice, unified feel in the book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment