Friday, March 11, 2016

Baseball Album Cover and Timeline Page

Well I went ahead and got the new albums yesterday - I went with the ring-bound ones. So I had a project yesterday to take apart the old sports albums and reorganize the pages into the new albums. I only got 2 albums to start with, which both ended up being used for soccer layouts, and re-used one of the post-bound albums for the baseball layouts. Once I had the albums reconfigured, I realized that they will now need new cover pages since I've shuffled around what is in each album, so I started on the cover for the baseball album.

Since I've had this idea of doing more timelines in my layouts, I decided to a timeline of sorts of the baseball teams he has played on over the years. I had 5 years of photos in this album so I pulled out 5 journaling cards and started to put together a layout. The idea was to make them look like baseball cards, but I had no stats or anything so I just simplified it and used a photo and a banner.


Baseball Scrapbook Page Cover Timeline Seasons Card Player

Baseball Scrapbook Page Cover Timeline Seasons Card Player


This layout took me WAY more time than I care to admit! From just working through the layout, to printing the labels, to choosing and resizing and printing the photos, I easily had over an hour into this layout, maybe closer to 2 hours. There was just a lot of detail work with all of the labels, banners, and arrows.


Baseball Scrapbook Page Cover Timeline Seasons Card Player

I'm pretty happy with it and I like how the idea of the timeline worked out. Now I need to come up with another idea for a cover page for the soccer albums, at least the first one since that album is complete and I won't be adding any pages to it.


As for the new albums - I just love them and will need to get at least one more. One of the new albums is filled with 3 years of soccer, and the second album has last fall season and is ready for spring season - and should fit all of next fall and spring as well. I still need one more album for baseball pictures from 2015 forward, which I should probably order soon before they are discontinued and I can't get the color that matches. Then I should be set on albums for at least a year or two.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment